Saturday, June 30, 2012

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints." - Anonymous

So, here's the story. I have been driving around at night, looking at all the HUGE houses in Orem. It has been so fun (and I promise not creepy at all)! While I was up there, I found a mystery road that had a sign that said "Motor Vehicle Access Restricted." It did NOT say, "No Motor Vehicle Access." How was I supposed to know what restrictions there were? Maybe it could only be fast cars? Maybe it could only be SUVs, for all I know, maybe the sign meant that it was restricted to just Silver Toyota Corollas!? 
Even with all this confusion, I didnt end up going up the entire road. I confess, I got nervous, and backed down and went back home. What if there were like a whole group of crazies waiting at the top for me?? So anyway, I asked an Orem local later, and he said that it was a trailhead. A trailhead with two different hikes! I couldn't have gotten a better answer!! Well, I guess my friend saying, "It's a parking lot full of non-crazy boys who are all waiting for a redheaded SLP who plays the violin and who weirdly likes Michael Jackson and the Osmonds" might have been better. But, in the realm of reality, a trailhead is really a pretty great answer. 
So. this morning I went with my friend Chelsee and decided to explore. It is SUCH a fun trail! We had a great time! Next time we are definitely going all the way to Ol' Bald Head...I mean...Little Baldy. Anyway, it was SO fun, and I got a GREAT blister, and I am so excited to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment