Thursday, July 5, 2012

Do you have any problems, other than that you're unemployed, a moron, and a dork? John McEnroe

Okay...so I'm not unemployed...but I kind of feel like that sometimes. This summer thing is GREAT, don't get me wrong, but I feel a little bit useless....
So, I did a fun project!
First I bought a 3 dollar frame at DI, fixed it, then primed and painted it!

Then we bought plywood and sheet metal, hen Uncle Wayne trimmed it to size for us!

But then, I had to trim it again a little bit...with a steak knife. I really need to learn to measure more precisely...or is it accurately...? Shoot, I should have paid better attention in Mrs. Vogler's Physics class!!

We didn't count on the wood and metal bending when we glued it together, which meant we had to hold it in place while gluing it to the frame.

But that didn't really work out, so I borrowed some clamps from Katie and Devin to hold it overnight.

In the mean time, we FINALLY got out basement living room set up!

The finished product! Our scrabble message board!!

Here's the next project for our living room!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great summer so far! I love your framed message board. I can't wait to see the enlarged photos as well. Devery, you are awesome! I love you!

    ReplyDelete