Thursday, July 15, 2010

This summer, my 21st summer in existence, I have become an OLD LADY!! Really, what the heck? I'm not even a cool old lady, just the kind that doesn't do anything.
  • On any given night, including Friday and Saturday, your best bet will be to find me at my apartment, alone, not hanging out with anyone. (This is not a pity blog-I could have gone somewhere, I just chose to go home.)
  • I have gone to bed early more times this summer than I have in a long time! There has been a few times when I have been in my bed a good 4 hours earlier than normal.
  • I don't know if you know this, but I am really from the wrong decade. My choice of music on a regular basis is not music that is current...
  • I'm known as the mother, or even grandmother figure among some groups of friends, because I cook/bake all the time, always have random things with me, and do things like...make butter in speech therapy sessions...who does that?
  • My sense of style/fashion is so far from trendy, or even current, its not even funny. I was definitely put at the bottom of the list of stylish people. (again, not a pity blog - I just speak the truth Kye Browning)
Its funny that I feel so old these days because all of my friends at school are telling me how young I am! "Devery you're just a baby!!" Ok ok, yes, I'm not even 22 yet, but that doesn't mean I graduated in 2009!! (Cylie Cornell!!)

Here's another list - this is a running list that I will continue to add to.

Amazing Questions I Am Asked At School About Being Mormon:

  • Do you celebrate Christmas?
  • I heard that you believe when the statue falls off the temple in St. Louis, that the World ends...true?
  • "We could rent a 14 passenger van" "Dev, could you hook us up with one of those?" "...did you just ask me that because I'm Mormon?" "Yeah...I was being totally serious."
Alright sorry for all of the random stuff - and that its been so long since I posted. In general its been an awesome summer, I am having a BLAST! Haha, last time I told someone that exact thing, they said "What's his name?" Nope, there's no "he" involved, unless you count Dusty, my thesis. (I had to name him because I'm spending so much time with him - and its a cowboy name because when I was little I wanted to be a cowBOY when I grew up. A thesis is pretty grown up right?)
...
...
...
Ehhhh, the curse of not knowing how to end this blog...so its just going to stop.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Oh Devery I LOVE YOU!!! Just give it a few days and you'll be a cool old lady with me!! :D You should drop everything and come to my town for Rachel's reception. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, does Devery celebrate Christmas?! Whoever asked you that one must not know you very well! :) Sounds like things are going well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete