Thursday, June 24, 2010

This is It!

I figured I must do some sort of post to commemorate Michael Jackson's death. I don't really have much to say about it though....ummm....I guess since it is MY blog and Jared said I was allowed to be selfish right now, I could talk about what I was doing when he died.

Let see, one year ago today, I was living in a house a few miles from here. I was probably alone in that house actually because I was usually alone. Both of my roommates worked full time; one of them I never NEVER saw except in passing (and it was ok that way), and one I would talk to when she was home. I had just moved to Missouri about 2 weeks before so I was all hot and sweaty and not used to the humidity (yeah, I'm still not). I was going to classes every day during the week and just breaking into the grad-school scene. Ah, I was such a young un' back then. The thought of having one client a week still scared the pants off me. Not literally of course, but a very frightening idea. Ooh, and back then I still thought that it was possible to straighten my hair in the summer here. I learned not-so-quickly-because-of-how-stubborn-I-am that it is definitely not possible at all. Curly hair for me for 4 months!

Also, back then, I didn't have the amazing watch that I currently own. (Shout out to Kevin Bell!). Kevin and I went garage sale-ing this morning for a few hours, and he couldn't bear to leave a sale without getting something for free so he asked the owner if we could get "that pink Zac Efron watch over there" with his purchase. Lucky for me, they said yes ;) So now I am the proud owner of a watch with Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens on the face, High School Musical in bold pink writing, and pink rhinestones around the sides. Yeah, I'm going to wear it until someone says something.It kind of looks like that, but Zac and Vanessa are leaping into the air with joy. Oh and there are those pink rhinestones around the two sides. Very classy...very chic...very stylish... very adult....very...you get it.

Since his death his movie, This is It, came out. Its pretty good, you should check it out!!
Yes, I know that he is kinda weird/creepy/freaky/confusing/half-plastic, but he could sing and dance like nobody else!!






So, rest in peace Mr. Jackson.
p.s. that is a hyperlink to the official Michael Jackson YouTube Channel. Check it out!!
Oh yeah, and I know that the date says June 24th, but I really did it on the 25th...whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment