Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy International Fairy Day

Haaapppy Thursday!
(This is said in a Frosty the Snowman voice)

To me, Thursday is one of the best days of the week. Ever since my sophomore year of college I have looked forward to Thursday the most out of all of the days of the week except for Sunday. It probably isn't the best way to look at it, but usually my brain checks out on Thursday, because it is so close to Friday, and Friday is the end of the week! Hallelujah! No more school! (Its really bad when I have tests or something on Friday, because my brain is already one day gone!!)

Thursday:
Thursday (pronounced /ˈθɜrzdeɪ/ or /ˈθɜrzdi/ ( listen)) is the fourth day of the week according to the ISO 8601 international standard adopted in most western countries. In countries that use the Sunday-first convention and in the Judeo-Christian calendar it is the fifth day of the week. It falls between Wednesday and Friday. The name is derived from Old English Þūnresdæg and Middle English Thuresday, which means "Thunor's day".

Now that we're all educated on the name...Here are some Thursday facts:

My favorite Thursday picture -
Yeah. I would looove to be there. That place is called Thursday Island. It looks fantastic doesn't it?? Lets pretend I am on that beach reading a book...just for the FUN of it!

My favorite Thursday quote -
  • "By Thursday morning, we'd gotten over the worst of it. " - William Scranton
This is just what I was saying before! By Thursday you are past Wednesday and well on your way to Friday! Again, I don't know who this William Scranton guy is (although his name is kinda familiar) but he sure knows what he is talking about!
Ok so I cheated and picked a second quote - but I couldn't help it.
  • "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining. " - Jef Raskin
I don't even know what that means really, but it was an amusing mental image when I read it, so I added it.

First Thursday Google search -
Alright I just typed "Thursday" into Google and the first few links were for a band called Thursday. I listened to them a little bit...eh...not worth it.

A Thursday YouTube Video -


One word - WEIRD. I have no idea what to think about this video, but, what can I expect from David Bowie?

Song of the Day for Thursday, June 24, 2010 -
Okay this is a game we call the ipod game. You put your ipod on shuffle, and hit next. The first song it comes to is "your song" for the day. Usually we play it before a dance or something, and we have to include the title of that song in a natural conversation. Sometimes its really boring titles, but sometimes its really fun like "rough landing holly" or "G.N.O." or "God must have spent a little more time on you." (yeah say that with a straight face in church.) I think one of my all time favorites was Beth Moak's one Sunday. During my Sunday School lesson she managed to fit in "Where the Green Grass Grows" into her comment. It was hilarious!!

The song of today, however is...........drumroll....................Sunshine by Regina Spektor. Now this would be a very boring one if I had to use it in a sentence-boring and very easy since it is so blasted hot outside all I can think about is the sunshine! This is just the song of the day-it fits! I have yet to form an opinion about her...I think she is very very talented, but I'm not sure its exactly what I'm looking for in music. Her voice is really cool and I love vocals and piano, but its kinda weird sometimes too...hmmm.

Regret of the day -
I probably should have not taken that second nap and worked on my thesis instead

The best part of my Thursday -
The naps - yes I realize that is almost contradicting my previous statement!

Best text of Thursday 6/24/10 -
"Yeppers" Ross Glazner. This was in response to when I asked him if he's coming to Springfield this weekend!! Yay!!

Alright, folks. Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment