Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- Clarence Budington Kelland

Okay, bear with me, this is a few days late. I just wanted to take a second to brag a little bit.

I have THE BEST dad in the world!! The quote I picked for my title of this post really describes how I feel about my dad. Here...since I am willing to bet that most of you just now had to re-read it, I'll go ahead and put it here too :) "My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- Clarence Budington Kelland. I don't know who Clarence Budington Kelland is, but he must have either known my dad or had a father that was very similar to mine. (AKA fantastic!).
My dad sets an excellent example for me, for all of us kids. I know that by watching and doing not only what he says, but how he lives, I will be a better person - the type of person I want to be.

There are so many qualities my dad has that I hope to develop! His desire to help people(everyone), his generosity, his testimony and understanding of the gospel, his speaking and writing ability, his humility, his obvious love for his family, his desire to learn and teach, his work ethic etc...The list goes on and on! The only "problem" with having such a great dad is that now my standards for my future husband are very high because I can see how great it can be.(But I think that's a "problem" I can live with ;) )

I love you Dad!

1 comment: