Monday, June 28, 2010

"I'm an awkward winker" - Lorelai Gilmore

Monday!
The day started off with a little soccer and ultimate frisbee with the missionaries; the sisters in our ward and the elders in the other wards. So...I guess its been a while since I played soccer - I think the last time was Junior High P.E. It really is quite amazing how not-good I am at that game. I really was one of the "waste of space" players. One of the wonderful things about playing sports with a bunch of missionaries is that they HAVE to be nice. I got plenty of pity passes, which I quickly kicked in the opposite direction of where I wanted to go. However, I think I did score one goal. Oh yeah! After soccer we played ultimate Frisbee. I am not by any means amazing at that game either - but I can actually catch the Frisbee, and throw it at least toward the person I meant to throw it at. I am pretty sure I even intercepted one pass! Wahoo! I hope we keep doing this Frisbee/soccer/sports thing every Monday morning. (Yes yes, even at 6:30 am!)
After that I went to work at the bakery! Today is a landmark event at the bakery because it was the first time I made peanut butter cookie dough. Yikes! I was honestly nervous the entire time. Just the smell of peanut butter cookie dough brings back all those memories of extreme PAIN in my hand from that fateful day in Grand Junction, CO. Never fear, I made it out alive, with all my limbs, and no visits to the doctors office. Phew!

The next event of the day is that I completed a speech/language diagnostic evaluation! My first one going solo! There were definitely some mistakes I made, but I think overall it went well! The client was very nice and helpful :) Maybe I can do this Speech Pathology thing after all eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment