Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Callback!!

No, not for an audition, but for a JOB!! A few months ago I found this little bakery downtown called Amycakes. I just decided to take in my resume one day in the hopes that they were looking for a 22-year-old-female-wanna-be-baker... No luck :( They said thanks, but we're all full right now, but if you want to bring in a list of what you like to bake that would be fine. It probably would have been easier to bring in a list of what I don't like to bake (that would be limited to Irish Soda Bread)!! Anyway, I took it in and they looked at it, and said again, "thanks but we're all full right now." So basically I wasn't really holding out for that dream job...
A week ago however, I got a call at 8:30 in the morning from them saying they were looking for someone quickly and they like my resume, so can I come in for an interview tomorrow?? Of COURSE I said yes. Then yesterday I got a call again saying they want to meet with me again today so I can meet a few more of the owners. I hope hope I get this one. I would LOVE this job! It would be an evening baker, so I would be their mostly alone from 4-8 pm everyday. The other exciting thing about this job is that there is cake decorating which I have never done but would LOVE to do!! Ahhhh, keep your fingers crossed for me! Its today at 4:00 that I have my interview!!

Ooh, check out the bakery!!
Blog

Website

Hopefully next time I post I will be an official baker again!!!

1 comment:

  1. oooo fun! I hope you get it! That would be awesome. Good luck again!

    ReplyDelete