Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be BAKERS " - 1 Samuel 8:13 (emphasis added)

I got it!!!

You're looking at the newest member of the Amycakes baking team! I am so excited to start - training begins on Monday. I just can't wait! Its definitely a smaller scale than Great Harvest, but there are definitely perks to that. (I am sure my hand will be much safer here...)

This is a picture of the type of mixer at Great Harvest - the one at this new bakery is much more friendly-sized.

Ask me about that one (if you haven't already heard because I have told everyone...), I LOVE that story. Its basically the most exciting injury I have ever had...next to the swollen face. (Ask about that one too if you don't already know!)

Anyway, I'm going to be the evening baker so I'll be there primarily when its closed to do prep stuff. I actually am excited about it though, it should be really fun!! I am also happy to no longer be a waste of space as I have been these last few weeks!!

4 comments:

  1. yay! I'm so excited for you. Now you just need to live closer to me so you can bake things for me all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Trina said!!! That is so much fun! I've been thinking about trying fondant. We will see. Well have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can already smell the deliciousness aromas of freshly prepped cake batter and things made by the one and only DEVERY LARSEN!!! congrats girl, i'm glad you landed your dream...temporary...job...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, yay, yay! We are excited for you!

    ReplyDelete