Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?" A. A. Milne

Another "I'm concerned for my sanity and the sanity of my future family" post...

2 Random things that I do forget:
Music. I have a lot of music on my itunes, probably not enough to brag about, but enough that I do not ever need to listen to the same cd twice for a very very long time. However, I get stuck in this rut and listen to the same cd/playlist/SONG (thank you Michael Buble) over and over again! I even think to myself, what else do I like, what else do I want to listen to? I can never come up with anything else beside what I have going, day in and day out (which is the glee soundtrack right now - I'm hooked!) So the first thing on my list is forgotten bands that I love! Coldplay and Lifehouse. I never remember that I like them! Because I don't remember, I never choose to listen to them, I just love every minute of their songs when they come on Pandora.


Ice Cream. I hate chocolate ice cream. I know this. I love chocolate, and I love ice cream, but I HATE chocolate ice cream. For some reason, I can't seem to remember this fact when eating ice cream. I think that I get distracted by creative title like Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Thunder Crunch. Umm, yum! That sounds amazing! So I try it, and without fail, I never like it. Chocolate ice cream never gets better, no matter how hot it is outside, or how much I need something sweet. Why can't I just accept the fact that I do not and probably never will like chocolate ice cream?

2 Random things I should forget:

Laundry. Okay I shouldn't forget about DOING laundry, but I should forget that I have a washer and dryer in my apartment complex. Of the 4-ish times I have done laundry here, something has been stolen, 2 times. That is 50%! It is not very good odds if 1/2 times I do laundry, I end up with less clothes than I started with. I guess I shouldn't be selfish, and if someone needs those clothes more than I do, I should be happy to share... Ooh, also maybe someone thinks I have an incredible fashion sense and they are envious of my style and just can't keep their hands off of them. (They might change their mind, however, if they were to see the one shirt that I wear each week to church). I guess I should take this whole thing as a compliment huh?


Cartwheels. So, I probably haven't really done serious cartwheels for the past 8 years. What, you may ask, are "serious cartwheels?" Well, how about continuous cartwheels across the soccer field? Yes, that would qualify I believe. On tuesday morning I woke up sore everywhere. Every muscle in my body was in pain (even my forearms) and I had no idea why! I haven't had sore forearms since I worked at the bakery. Ooh, have I mentioned I get to work at a bakery again?? ;) Anyway, it wasn't till pretty late into the day on Tuesday that I remembered the origin of my sore muscles. The cartwheels!! After an intense game of Frisbee with the sisters, Sister England and I decided to do as many cartwheels in a row that we could. It was so fun, and pretty easy then, but the next day I was definitely feeling it. Tuesday night I made the next foolish decision which was to go running. Yeah, that didn't help at all. Wednesday morning was even more painful. I was actually concerned with my ability to get out of bed that morning! Needless to say I chose not to go running that day, instead went on a 3.6 mile walk.

3 comments:

  1. Devery I love reading your blogs. I feel ya on that playlist one. I listen to way too much stuff that I forget about the bands I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dev, can I just tell you how much I love reading your blog. It is so fun! You are such a great writer. I seriously enjoy every minute of it. You're amazing! I hope you are loving your new job and that life is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second the chocolate icecream problem. I too have a dislike of chocolate icecream and can't really figure out why...chocolate=yum, icecream=yum, but together not so yum. Give me a vanilla based icecream with chocolate chunks, slivers, ribbons, choc covered peanuts, or choc cookie dough and I'm good.

    ReplyDelete