Wednesday, April 28, 2010

“You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.” - Yogi Berra

Ok...next thing. This was a product of "shoot I'm stuck at school and I am very very hungry." I just could not stop thinking about dinner! Hmmm, maybe I should work on that... ... Anyway, I knew that I had a bunch of fresh vegetables and pesto at home, so I decided to do something with that.
This is what I came up with...

Pesto Pizza RollsWhat it is, is a cinnamon roll...no, a pesto pizza roll!!

First I made the basic roll dough:

Ingredients:
5 tsp Yeast
1/2 C water, warm
1 tsp sugar
1 cube Margarine, melted
2 C water, very hot
1/2 C Sugar
2 tsp Salt
2 eggs slightly beaten
6 1/2 C Flour
1/2 Gluten
(Or instead of those last two you can use 7 C bread flour)

Directions:
1. Put 1st three ingredients into bowl - set aside.
2. Mix margarine, water, sugar, and salt together
3. Add eggs and 3 C flour
4. Add yeast mixture
5. Add rest of flour and gluten (Bread flour)
6. Knead for 4 minutes
7. Put on counter, covered, to rest for 15 minutes
8. Shape into rolls - let raise until double
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes

Then I spread the dough out in a rectangle, and spread pesto all over it, then pizza sauce. After that, I just chopped up a bunch of vegetables: mushrooms, yellow peppers, tomatoes, olives, and spinach. I spread those all over on top of the dough/sauces, then sprinkled cheese on top of that.
After all my ingredients were on, I rolled it up like a tube, and cut slices off of the "log" (even though I hate using that word like that). I fit 12 rolls per cookie sheet and baked them for about 15 min @ 350! It was SO GOOD!!

p.s. I also made these but put just Pesto, garlic, and a few different types of white cheese! Those are my favorite...but I can't take the credit because my mom did it first :) Thanks mom!!

2 comments:

  1. Devery~ you need a husband to make all this yummy stuff for!! I'm jealous that you're such a wonderful cook/baker. Looks delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds soooooo amazing!!! I'll definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete