Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"So how was YOUR shower today?"


Alright. (Do I start all of my posts like that?) I'm going to try to get this story into writing. I have a feeling its going to be one of those courtesy laugh, followed by a "guess you had to be there." Hmmm, I haven't even started typing it yet, and I already know its going to be like that. Shoot. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day...I mean...no that doesn't fit does it? I felt like I should add in some sort of cliche phrase to tie-off the situation. Well how about you just insert your own cliche phrase that fits...
Today I had a meeting that ended a little bit awkwardly. I think when we were done, a few of us left walking on pins and needles. I wasn't sure if it was just me, or if everyone felt that way though. As I was walking down the hall, I said Hi to one of my friends (lets call her Heidi), then started heading towrads door of the department. As I was walking by the bathroom, one of the other girls in the meeting (Brittany) came out, so I decided to ask her about the meeting-to see if she felt the same way. So as we walked together, I said quietly "so how did it go back there?" She said, "ummmm, I don't know, I was kind of worried about it etc..." We continued talking about the meeting in "hushed tones" but right in the middle of the hallway. Heidi was still close by, however, and asked with a worried look, "Brittany, is everything ok?" We looked at her, and thought about it, and I finally said, "Oh my gosh, do you mean in the bathroom? Thats definitely NOT what I was asking her about!!" It was so funny! Heidi thought that I had just asked Brittany, "How did it go in there?" about her going to the bathroom, and we were talking all sneaky-like about it! I probably laughed for about 5 minutes before finally gaining the composure to finish our conversation and head out the door. I am pretty sure that 2 other students had to wait for me to stop laughing and blocking the door so they could also get by.
Ok...is that a courtesy laugh I hear? Yeah, I should have just left well enough alone and not told the story, probably. That would have been better. I guess the moral of the story is, don't ask your friends how it went in the bathroom...at least when other people are listening.

1 comment:

  1. Dev,
    The story is very funny but thats coming from the guy who will laugh at pretty much everything and also from the guy that says you don't have style (but of course you do). I did laugh out loud at the rome not being built in a day, solely because it has nothing to do with anything and you state that. Love and Miss you. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete