Saturday, March 20, 2010

But what a lovely way to burn

This is what I look like right now:

Ok, well hopefully I don't look EXACTLY like that right now...but at least my bronchial tubes look very close to that. On Tuesday (the day before St. Patrick's day) I came down with a pretty wicked cough and a fever. This was not fun, but kinda crazy because it was exactly one year since my last fever! After Tuesday my fever went down, but the cough persisted and got worse! Finally on Thursday a decided to take a "day off." (That means I left school at 3:30 instead of 5:00). When I got home, I turned all the light off in my apartment...and we have no window so it gets pretty dark!...and "watched" Return to Me/slept/laid on the couch for about 4 hours. It felt so good!! Since Thursday I've pretty much tried to take it easy. I was at work/school from 8-5 yesterday, and finally decided to go visit the doctor.

Diagnosis: Acute Bronchitis
Cure: ...dangit, its viral...no cure
Good News: It will go away in about a weekBad News: The cough will probably stay much longer
More Bad News: I can't go to the gym, so that free month-long gym membership I got (see previous post) is running out of days!!
More Good News: I have been able to do/plan on doing some relaxing things that I usually don't let myself do -

Playing my guitar - well, playing might not be the right word - maybe trying-not-to-sound-terrible on my guitar is more accurate. (No, that's not me or my guitar in the picture-I'm too lazy today to actually take a picture and upload it onto my computer. Thank Google Images!

Watching Lord of the Rings #1 Extended Edition! I have been listening to the soundtracks alot while I do homework, so I've been dying to watch it! Thanks Sam Ferguson!
Oh my, did I accidentally post another picture from Lord of the Rings? And did I accidentally make it HUGE? Hmmm, my bad... (I am thoroughly convinced that only Viggo Mortenson can fully pull off the long-haired, greasy, sweaty, I-haven't-showered-in-5-months look.)

I've also been reading some C.S. Lewis, sleeping, doing homework, etc... Its been a nice and relaxing few days!!

Shoot, this post started out as an apology for not posting sooner and for how short this one was going to be. Well...i guess this is what happens when I am procrastinating homework...

1 comment:

  1. That's terrible that you have Bronchitis! I hope you feel better really soon! And hey, at least you get to relax a little. Just make everyone else do stuff for you! :)

    ReplyDelete