Sunday, March 14, 2010

B-B-B-B-Baby you ain't seen nothin' yet

Seven Days of Spring Break!!
(Yeah, I' m not sure if these things happened on the right days...actually I'm sure that they didn't. It's just seven significant events from spring break...)
  1. 1 Irish Flag Cookie...turned on its side!!
2. 1 Incredible Music Video. I WILL learn to play this song.



3. 1 visit to Ozark fitness where Sarah was accused of not having a job or having her priorities in the right place...and where I caved and half-got a gym membership for a day, just because I couldn't say no! (I'm sorry Aaron, I know I would have been your first contract, but I just couldn't!! You were nicer than Rick though!)

4. 1 insanely amazing singer. Yeah, for real-check it out. There are no words to describe this amazing video. Keep these words in mind as you listen: wig, eyebrows, Oklahoma, and future husband. (oh and pay special attention to 1:25ish)! Be careful you may find yourself walking like him after you've seen this about 47 times...not that I'm speaking from experience...



5. 1 awesome improv show at the Skinny Improv! Check out their website!


6. 1 super fun few days with Mom and Kiely! They came up on friday, we went to The Gem of India and had a really good Indian Buffet-then went to Branson on Saturday. Sister Allred from the General Relief Society Presidency came up and spoke, then there was a presentation by the Springfield South Stake. We had a really good time-complete with midnight runs to the store for toilet paper, nearly getting killed by a trolley...three times, cheeseburger Doritos (yep, still gets me), and Old Dogs!

7. 1 cheeseburger from Big Whiskeys!! I did it folks, I broke down and got a cheeseburger. I ate the whiskey river burger on a basil focaccia bun. It was delicious!! Sam, Sarah, and Stephen came with me, and I think they took a video of it, so if you want to see it (i'm not sure why you would) you can get a hold of them.
This is everyone except Sam at the Restaurant


Bonus!!
1 Break through! When I was at Institute on Thursday morning, we were studying Elder Bednar's talk: More Diligent and Concerned at Home
In the talk he says: "We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. I just had two thoughts, and its probably very simple and I should have gotten it long ago-but it just struck me that day. We never ever regret saying something nice. No one ever looks back and feels bad for something nice that just "slipped out." Its usually the other way around, we feel bad for something mean that just "slipped out." The other thought was, how often do we feel like we should say something nice, but dont because we feel awkward about it? I think it happens more than we would like to admit. If we DID say those things, however, we would never regret it! I don't think that we will ever look back at the conscious decision to speak kind words, and be ashamed or it, or regret it. Like I said, its very basic and shouldn't probably have made such an impact on me, I hope I'm a nice person, but I just liked how it was worded. Man am I glad we have prophets and apostles on the earth today!
Hmmmm, now the next step is to apply that in my life...today!

No comments:

Post a Comment