Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Wow you look like a college student today!"

You thought I had left huh? Nope, can't get rid of me that easy. I will admit that did forget for a few days...whoops!
So, where in the world have I BEEN for the past week? Well, first off, i cleaned my room. By doing so, I came across such treasures as these.
Gotta love roommate engagement pictures...on a giant lion. I believe the instructions on the first one were "sexy eyes looking into the sun." Unfortunately mine turned out to be something very...not that. I did, however, decide to show off my amazing regrowth. Nothin' better than the bright red roots with brown hair...hmmm...
After I cleaned my room, and it quickly returned to its original condition I decided to go on a road trip for a day with some of the girls, a G. N. O. if you will. (see Hannah Montana 2-Meet Miley Cyrus CD). We spent the morning and afternoon in Harrisonville at a high school show choir competition. It was a fun experience, the first time I've been to something like that. It was full of amazing outfits, jazz hands, spectacular choreography, and lyrics like "Oh, I'm a gumdrop,
A sweet lollipop, A brook trout right out of the brook, And what's more, baby, I can cook!" See what I have been missing out on my whole life?? It was a lot of fun watching Ross MC though, he was amazing!

After the competition we went up to Kansas City and hung out at the Plaza. It was my first time for that too! ( I guess this whole weekend was full of firsts! More to come later in this post.) When we first arrived, we drove up to a parking lot on top of...something, and took a picture.
I was definitely asleep about 3 seconds before this picture was taken, I rolled out of the car and stood there and really had no idea what was going on. It was a blast just walkin around, taking pictures, and eating cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!
Another first of this weekend was valentines day! Me and a few girls decided that we've never had a valentines day date, and we wanted one, so we asked a few boys and made dinner! It was so much fun! We warned them up front that it was going to be heavy on the corniness, which it was. I am pretty sure it was all decked out in heart shaped plates, heart shaped brownies, candles, flowers, etc... There was even a valentines day CD (yes, much like a mix tape) complete with songs such as Donny Osmond's Puppy Love, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, and Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. The boys played along very well, but its too soon to tell whether they will ever talk to us again...I'll keep you posted on that.Oh, and what group date would be complete without an intense game of Jenga? ...played by the girl with the world's largest hand...

The last first of the fantastic weekend, was that I watched the new We Are the World 25 for Haiti for the first time. First watch the original:

Now watch the new one:


What do you think?
v

2 comments:

  1. See, Devery, you life is FULL of excitement! I love reading all your posts! And I liked the new "we are the world." Maybe not better, but I still thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to was so excited to see we are the world 25! Miss you guys...I'm coming to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete