Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ringo Starr?? Lined Eyes.

I made it through Monday! That is always cause for celebration.

This morning, after I had been at work for two hours, I happened to notice my reflection in the mirror of the bathroom. To my surprise, and woe, I found that I had definitely forgotten to put on mascara! Oh no... This wouldn't be a very big deal if I had dark eyelashes, but I don't, they are blonde. Mascara is usually the bare minimum, so at least you can tell I have eyes at all. I guess I can just add this to the list from the previous post...

This condition I currently am living with, officially named Grad School, comes with many side effects:
  • Only one month into the semester, and I have found that I will be no stranger to 12 hour days at school. There's nothing like a good 8 am - 8 pm day at the clinic and class!
  • Delicious food...last night I had half a can of green beans for dinner. Can you guess what I had for lunch? I'll give you...one guess... (I didn't even have a chance to warm it up!!)
  • Okay Okay, its not all bad, actually on the whole I would say that I love it!! One of the other side effects is that I get to spend 6 hours a week using my knowledge to help people who are unable to help themselves.
  • I also get to learn so much!! School gets so much more enjoyable when you are learning things that you will take directly into your career. Its fantastic!
  • The last "side effect" that occurred to me today, is that I have the chance to spend basically all day, every day, with 23 girls all from completely different backgrounds, but are in the exact same position as me. What an amazing chance I have to build lifelong friendships with awesome girls, learn from my peers, and have a blast! (Even amid the stress and tears). Seriously even with all this cheesiness I am dishing out, I really mean it. How lucky am I??

On a final note, I'd like to say that I officially experienced, for the first time since I moved to Missouri, the glorious feeling of attempting to breathe in, but being unable to because your nose hairs have frozen. Ahhhh, I miss you Logan!!

I can't believe its been three posts and I haven't yet posted my most favorite music video of all time! Check it out, tell me what you think!!

Everyone in Springfield knows this as my song! At the Winter Formal multiple people told me they stopped and looked for me when it came on. Three people also dropped everything and found me a dance! Thanks Denver!

(whoops, I'm not blogger savvy enough to know how to make the video fit--I'm just glad its up at all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment