Saturday, February 20, 2010

“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.” - Winnie the Pooh

Hmmm, here I am again... maybe this actually will happen. Don't cross your fingers though, I'm still not totally sold on the idea.

This weekend I went home! I love being home! We left on Saturday night, ate dinner, then quickly fell asleep while watching Emma. In the movie, Gwyneth, yes we're on a first name basis, said something I really liked...but of course I don't remember it... I even thought, "I should write that down because I will never remember that-naw, I will remember." I think I even gave myself a keyword to remember so I could look it up... ... ... ... ... ... Nope, I got nothin---dang it. If it ever comes back to me, I'll post it, just to ease your mind.
On that note, here's a good list for today:

5 Reasons I think that I have Early Early Onset Dementia (or I am secretly 110 years old-ask my roommate, she thinks I belong in a different decade!!)

1. On Saturday I looked for 15 minutes for my coat and phone which I had brought in from the car. My apartment is not that big, there were really only 3 rooms they could be in, and believe it or not, they were all clean! I walked back and forth and back and forth till I finally just gave up! On the verge of tears, I looked at my computer chair (that I had been sitting on when I decided to look for the blasted items) and there it was. I had been sitting on them.

2. Unless I am using them, I cannot keep track of three things, ever: flash drive (even on a huge lanyard), keys (also on a huge lanyard), and my phone (that is bright red...maybe I should put it on a huge lanyard too). I am pretty sure that I have to ask at least 3 different people in a given day if they have seen my keys, or phone, or flash drive. (Currently the flash drive really is MIA so if you do see it, let me know).

3. I, very often, start talking, and forget what I am saying-while I am talking. I can't tell you how many times I've said "oh, nevermind," playing it off as if what I was going to say was "not important." (Which honestly, it probably wasn't)

4. Once upon a time, I decided to make dinner for my family because we had extended family coming over. We must have been having stir fry or something over rice, because I decided to make brown rice in the rice cooker. I got it all set up and it was cooking and everything, then when it was done, I looked at it and it just looked...wrong. After much time and pondering, I realized that I had not, in fact, cooked brown rice, but wheat. Yes, I cooked wheat in a rice cooker. In my defense, wheat is brown too. At least we know I'm not color blind!

5. The last one is a favorite of mine, and I'm sure I'll be telling it for years to come, I will probably just change the name so its not me that looks dumb. So I have a pretty set routine when I'm getting out of the car-you know, the whole open the door, then pull the keys out, check the lights, lock the door, get out, get my back-pack out of the backseat, and THEN shut my door-thing. Well, on one very un-extraordinary day, somewhere along the line, I violated this routine. I got out of the car, locked the door, and headed inside. Only when i realized that I hadn't yet grabbed my bag and turned around to get it, did I realize that I had left the door open...with the keys in the car...with the car still running... Really Devery? Really? I just started laughing, and went inside....

Anyway, home was great. I love being with my family!! Sarah and I tried to make a delicious pumpkin cake, which turned out as pumpkin bread...not to mention it looked like this.
The wonderful sister missionaries, Sister Hill and Sister Bench, as well as my family, deserve an award for even looking at this. (It would have been fine if we had blind-folded them, it tasted really good...just an eyesore)
But just so I save face, I need to post this so you see that I am capable of making pretty desserts! See?

No comments:

Post a Comment