Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Come, we pucker...that is new..."

First off, thanks to Haley for fixing my blog!!!

Have you seen it??!! This week I saw Princess and the Frog for the second time! I LOVED IT! I can't tell you how much I've missed the straight-up hand-drawn Disney animation. Don't get me wrong, I love Pixar and there's been some awesome Disney-Pixar movies lately, but there is nothing like good "old fashioned" animation. When I watched it with Kiely she said it perfectly: "See, in animation, only the important character is moving, everything else is just still." The other thing about that I loved was the music! It seems like, while later movies do still have great soundtracks, they're not soundtracks that tell the story. In this one, the song is part of the plot and/or dialogue! Here's one of my favorites: Down in New Orleans. I think this might be the first Disney movie that is set in the deep south in the twenties? Yes? I love it! Ah Disney how I have missed you!! Oh yeah, and whats not to love about a new Disney Princess?
Just in case you feel the need to watch the videos on the youtube channel like I did, check it out here!

Next, a piece of advice I found in my fortune cookie this week: be very careful when making friends with the photographer for the school paper, you may just end up in a picture doing something crazy like studying in a grocery store.
Hmmm...maybe I should have paid attention to this one. Had I given it the proper heed, This article may have ended up differently...
Ok ok, I DID have fun :) Sarah and I had a blast taking pictures in different places on campus, at the grocery store, and in my apartment.

That's about all the time I have for today. In my planner it says I should be working on: on the assessment assignment due on monday, the paper due on thursday, the exam on friday, and the diagnostic evaluations which are on friday and tuesday...instead of writing this blog. Shoot.

2 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of the "old-school" Disney! Yesterday Jonathan and I got Lion King, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast! Exciting! I can't wait to see this new one! I liked your article too, lol. Were the pictures taken by the Sarah Hiatt that used to live in Grand Junction?? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just watched The Princess and the Frog too! And we both absolutely LOVED it!! It was so cute! I haven't enjoyed a movie so much in a long time! Gotta love Disney!

    ReplyDelete