Thursday, September 27, 2012

25 by 25

Alright, as promised, THE LIST. Actually, I think that I have another list somewhere in one of my thousand notebooks that is entitled "the list" so I can't be confusing them. This one is: "25 Things I've Never Done, Before I Turn 25." Hmmm, that's not very catchy - I should work on my audience grabbing skills...

So, in no important order:

  1. Read Time magazine's top ten books of all time - In process-Anna Karenina, War and Peace, The Great Gatsby, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Stories from Anton Chekhov, Middlemarch, Lolita, madame Bovary, In Search of the Lost, Hamlet
  2. Watch all three Indiana Jones Movies - I know, embarrassing huh? But its true! I have never seen any of them!! (Don't worry, I am going to pass on the newest one!)
  3. Take a cake decorating class - It's about time!
  4. Sing karaoke - Ugh, I am just not excited for this one...
  5. Visit all the temples in Utah - This one should be SO fun!
  6. Visit the Spiral Jetty - It just sounds cool 
  7. Leave my number (inspired by some movie...you know, on a napkin or cup or receipt or something...) - Because live is just like the movies right? Isn't that how every chick flick starts?
  8. Hang glide - This is the big exciting one. I REALLY want to make this happen!
  9. Milk a cow - Lucky for me, I can probably do this any time I want - thank you Bunnells!!
  10. Get my fortune told-palm read - Fun right?!
  11. Shoot the tube - Dang. Missed it this season, I'll have to plan for next summer...
  12. Sunrise hike - please please please soon!
  13. Take a yoga class - DONE
  14. Pay for a stranger's meal or groceries - Maybe at a drive thru?? I've always wanted to do that, so the drive thru guy can say, "don't worry, the person in front of you already paid." Cool!
  15. Paint a canvas-frame and hang it - I'm sorry for anybody who has to see this
  16. Get a pen pal in another country - I don't even know if this is possible anymore...
  17. Ride a roller coaster in Las Vegas - Yes! Please! I haven't ridden one all year!
  18. Buy THE SANDALS - DONE
  19. Make up a recipe from scratch - Luckily I didn't say it had to be good...or edible....
  20. Go a week without a phone - After much thought, its just going to have to be without texting, and apps, etc... Because of work, I can't go without a phone totally
  21. Go a month without sugar - in process, I am on day 17/30!
  22. Go to a movie dressed as the wrong character - hahaa Yesss
  23. Get a Henna tattoo - DONE
  24. Learn to say I love you in 50 languages - I have 4 so far...I am totally on a roll...
  25. Go to a Catholic Mass and Jehovah's Witness church service  - no good reason, just because :)
Sorry, I know that this post lacks even my usual sub-par wittiness...but again, my mind is half occupied,. Actually, I would say something more like 3/4 occupied. I am watching a foreign film...and it is a very weird  foreign film at that. So not only do I have to read subtitles, I have to really try and understand what is going on, but I also have to try and determine why the castaway didn't leave the island with the black bean noodles delivery guy!? If you figure it out, feel free to pass along that information!



Favorite quote so far: "I am an ugly duckling, who became a slug, instead of a swan." 

3 comments:

  1. Ik hou van je (ick how vawn ya) -- that's how you say "I love you" in Dutch (if you didn't already know...). Hopefully you can add one more to the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! Sounds very achievable and fun!

    ReplyDelete