Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great!" -Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

Now don't be getting any ideas...I am definitely not ready to say that I like running. However...I have been experiencing this feeling lately, that is hard to explain. I mean, I have experienced it when it comes to other things, such as...chocolate, sleep, a hoodie, homemade bread, etc... Never have I EVER experienced it when it comes to running. I think I might actually crave it. Is that even possible? Like I said, I don't LIKE it, but I guess my body needs it. What other explanation could there be? However, it definitely did not NEED the short but horrible run up 9th East yesterday, from the gym to the Temple. If you aren't familiar with that road, picture a 2 mile hill, with literally, no break. It was awful. The uphill was so horrible I coudln't even enjoy the downhill!

To date, in training for the half marathon, I have covered an approximate total of 97 MILES!! Holy cow. (If only that number was actually as impressive as it is to me...). Last weekend I ran 7.6 (career high) and tomorrow is 9-10 (depending on how tired I am at mile 9). I'm tired just thinking about it. Needless to say, I am taking today off, due to yesterday's mistake of a run, and tomorrow's run looming in the near future. My poor legs need a little rest.
Here's what the run tomorrow will look like, if you don't hear from me in a few days, maybe come drive (because who in their right mind would run) along this route and look for me? Thanks.

Oh yeah, ignore the "21 minutes." I forgot to hit the walking button. I will run 9.9 miles in 21 minutes in my next life. When I get to be a cheetah...or Sonic the Hedgehog.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for all this running! Come to my house and motivate me please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sooo not a runner so 96 miles is VERY Impressive to me. Hope that your training goes well. I really want to try running longer did my first 5k last year and would love to do a half marathon and eventually full marathon but I just get so bored with running. I don't know why I can do stairs or walking on a hill for waaaaay longer than running on a tread mill.

    ReplyDelete