Tuesday, March 6, 2012

1/2 Marathon Woes

I am officially doing a half marathon. Why? I'm not sure. Most people have commented, or assumed that its one of those things that has been on the bucket list...but alas that isn't the case. It's NEVER been on any sort of list, besides maybe the list that is titled: "Why in the world do people do these things?" Even so, however, I am doing one. Luckily, it will never ever ever be hanging over my head as something I should have done...because after April 7th it will be over! I am excited about the chance to get into shape though I guess. I really do like exercising and being active so at least I have that. Running has really never been my "thing" (so please explain why I did Cross Country for a few years...) but it is the cheapest and most straightforward form of exercise. Honestly, my problem isn't that I physically can't do the workouts, but mostly that I get BORED! So that is what I am here for today. What can I do to keep me from getting so BORED?! Suggestions? I sometimes watch movies at the Cardio Cinema at Gold's Gym, however I don't think that uploading movies onto my ipod for the actual race would be a very good idea... Does anyone have any great running songs/playlists, ideas for motivation, really great endurance strategies? Anything would be much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. I would so be doing this with you if I wasn't pregnant right now. I will train after though and we should run one together.

    ReplyDelete