Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I can't imagine anything more worthwhile than doing what I most love. And they pay me for it." Edgar Winter



Oh no, first I was "that aunt" (the one who carries around pictures of her nieces and nephews...and shows everybody) and now I am "that person" who can only talk about their job! Just give me a few months and I promise I will have more to my life than work ( I hope). 

Random thoughts or quotes I want to remember that I wrote down on a post-it throughout the week (the abbreviated version was on the post-it of course)

-made the most embarrassed and lack-of-emotion student laugh

-whyyyy do kids in Utah say MELK for milk, and TELL for tail? WHY?? (In my mind this is followed by, "YOU know why!!)

-I would like all boys out there to know (except for I am pretty sure that only 3 people read this, and they are all female) that you have just officially been "one-upped" by a fifth grade boy. One day I parted my hair on the other side, which obviously means my bangs are on the other side of my extraordinarily large forehead, and he NOTICED! It was amazing!


- Maybe my class should be considered a workout, more than one of my students left the speech room winded.

-Sometimes student peer pressure can result in the favor of the teacher. One first-grader gave me a little package of skittles. His speech partner got all...what, jealous? nervous? guilty? and started spouting off about how he is going to bring me a treat next time, and he should have brought one this time, and he will bring his lunch treat, and he will bring one he will he will he will!

-One first grader was working on his /d/'s in the final position, and the word was bride. His sentence of choice was "I need a bride!" It was soooo adorable!!




Well, thank you for being my online post-it note. Like I said, someday (fingers crossed) I will have a real life and can write about something more than just work. You know, fun stuff like... ... ... ummmm I guess I will let you know when I get there!

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to note that one of your three 'readers' is a guy and that guy is me! unless of course I'm the fourth reader thus making the original 3 still women. I also feel it necessary to end this comment with....when in Rome.

    ReplyDelete