Friday, February 4, 2011

***PLEASE EXCUSE THE INTERRUPTION***


-------I'd like to interrupt our regularly scheduled program (i.e. 12 days since leaving Missouri) to inform the reader(s?) of an update in my "I'm-sure-I'm-well-on-my-way-to-having-Alzheimer's-by-the-time-I-am-26" claim. If you recall, I have had a few previous posts of stories of my horrible memory. Today it has reached a whole new level of low. Not only did I forget that I did something, after having seen the proof and evidence...I STILL don't remember doing it! Story? Ok.
So, I wouldn't normally tell this story - but....I will...

Thursday night-I decided I would text one of the two friends I have here in Vancouver and suggest that we hang out this weekend. I actually put a lot of thought into whether I would do this or not. In the end, I decided not to-I didn't need to be that desperate I guess. So I didn't text him.

Friday morning, around 10 o clock - I get a text from that friend I decided not to text, saying saying that I could call after work and we should hang out that night (tonight). Whoa!! My thought was, "see what I get for not asking desperate?? Someone asks ME to hang out..." Something about the message made me curious though. So I checked my text message history and found a sent message to him that morning at 8 am. What?! I had suggested that we hang out sometime apparently... When did that happen?! I thought back to that morning at 8 am-I was talking to my mom right up until almost 8...and do NOT remember sending him a text at all. Even after reading the text multiple times, I still did not and do not remember writing or sending it-at all actually?!

We learned in our cognitive disorders class that being forgetful isn't a real problem if you REMEMBER that you forgot. Me, on the other hand, can not even remember when I have the forgotten item sitting right in front of me.
What will become of me??-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment