Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Through a downtown bakery window...

So, I spend a lot of time looking at this view:
But... I kind of love it. Number one, the window decor is always SO CUTE! Right now its decorated for the bakery's first birthday. Also, The 3-4 hours a day I spend looking through my downtown window (ok, not my downtown window, but the one I look through) usually allows me to see a variety of things!! (By the way this is taken from exactly where I stand rolling out cinnamon rolls, making brownies/bars, making cookies, etc...

1. Business men. I love that I work downtown, and there are businessmen with briefcases walking around. Always very quickly, always with a purpose, and always looking at their cell phone.

2. Mothers with children. I am pretty sure I have seen this exact scene right outside "my" window, matching outfits and all. Often times they come up to the bakery, look at the "closed" sign, and walk away sadly :( ...now that I look at it though...I wish that mom was standing behind those kids!
3. Can I just tell you how many couples I see on dates downtown, especially on friday night! SO MANY!! I love seeing the ones like this who are all dressed up! When I do see them though, I walk quickly with my head down though, because at this time I usually look extra awesome with my hat or bandana, dirty jeans, and oil-stained shirt.
4. So far my favorite thing that I've seen is the truck pulling a trailer...full of watermelon...pulling out of the parking lot. I so badly wanted to grab one. And honestly, I'm not going to lie, I wondered what it would look like if the trailer tailgate had opened...could you imagine?? That would be amazing! (And terribly sad for the poor watermelon farmer at the same time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment