Monday, May 31, 2010

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

Happy Summer Break!! I love this being home all the time thing! I have started running every day, playing my guitar and violin, cleaning my room (yeah that's not true, it should be NOT cleaning my room), applying for jobs, playing tennis, etc...I've been able to spend a few days with my friend Elissa who is a-ma-zing at the guitar, and she's been teaching my a bunch of stuff. Right now I'm working on Jason Wade's You Belong to Me and James Taylor's Fire & Rain. I am actually making some progress, which is good. I need all the progress I can get! Also since the break I have played my violin in church once, and now am practicing to play at a baptism.

Oh yeah, I've been baking some too. (weird, I know...) But please don't ask me anything about Big Ben...or anything about England for that matter. That is still a touchy subject. Ice cream cakes and "gourmet" chocolate cupcakes from scratch, however, are still okay to talk about.

I reserve the right to display these pictures and not comment about them...
Apparantly...however, it has not helped with my creative writing skillz (yes Skyler, Sarah, and Charmaine, with a "z"). So instead, I will just post a few pics and get outta here. !

No comments:

Post a Comment