Sunday, April 11, 2010

A hero isn't measured by the size of his strength but by the strength of his heart

This week's adventure was a road trip to Arkansas!

There was a big 11-stake dance...well, thats how it was advertised anyway...down in Springdale! After the dance, Beth and Kim organized a camping trip for all of us Springfield-ites so we didn't have to drive the almost three hours home after the dance. It was a blast! We roasted hot dogs (ok they roasted hot dogs) and marshmallows and just hung out. There were a few really pretty lakes around and some people took walks around. We had such a good time!

When I finally went to bed (3:00 am) I was able to "sleep" for about 3 hours before waking up. Yeah, apparently in Arkansas in April its really really cold at night. Especially if you don't close the door of your tent! (not my fault, I was totally the first one to go in!) I also learned some other important things on the trip:
  • ash is very capable of looking like snow, (even when it is 60 degrees outside), baffling the minds of all...alright not all, but some...alright not even some, but one...(no it was NOT me)
  • garden vegetable-fiber rich wheat thins taste a lot like cardboard
  • when you aren't allowed to eat sugar, an open box of white cheddar wheat thins just might disappear in under 12 minutes
  • make friends with your server at Cracker Barrel-she just might bring you two glasses of water and continue to refill both of them
  • 7 hrs of sleep in two days + phone calls while you are talking a nap may cause you to not remember very important details...such as the name of your blind date for that night...
  • Hoodies are by far the greatest invention ever. I hope the brilliant person (probably a woman) who came up with the idea is very rich somewhere-sitting on a beach-reading a book (not a text book)-being fed grapes----you get the picture...
I LOVED it though! I haven't camped in ages and it was so fun!



Finally, you may not hear from me for, well at least two days. My life is going to be CRAZY till Wednesday. Everyone hope that I make it through!! ...or don't if you are getting sick of these blogs... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment