Monday, March 1, 2010

Warning: This post isn't very funny or witty...not that any of the other post are...but due to my complete lack of sleep this week, combined with the fact that I'm watching Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs...its mostly just informational...

Holy cow. It's Spring Break week now. Basically, that means last week was...CRAZY!! I'm gonna go ahead and say that that's why I haven't posted for so long. (I know, I know, you were all on the edge of your seat, waiting for me to post again!) Class, clinic, homework, etc... Excuses excuses. Anyway...

A few other things happened this week too though, that were pretty fun too though! First was March's new recipe! Last sunday Sarah and I made
African Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup!!
(see the recipe on the next post...)
It was so delicious and it was fun to try something new! Kim, Vanessa, and Ariana came as well.

Another fun thing that happened was last Wednesday. Clinic was a little bit rough in the morning so I was a little bit down that day, but I had the chance, before my next clinic session, to talk about the Plan of Salvation with a few of my friends. It was just so great to share something that is so important to me, with a few friends-exactly what I needed that day!

Alright, have you heard of Cheeseburger Doritos? They are...completely bizarre and confusing to say the least. Laura got a bag for me because I have been craving a cheeseburger like crazy this week! It was her effort to prevent me from compromising my vegetarian status for one meal. It was a very valiant effort, as they tasted EXACTLY like a cheeseburger. I coulnd't believe it! You can taste the pickle, and mustard, and ketchup, and everything! I still would really like the real deal however, just this once. I have a bunch of friends trying to figure out what the best burger is in Springfield. Stay tuned...I'll let you know what they find out. I mean really, If I'm going to eat ONE burger or meat meal-it has to be good.

Other good news...my friend Meagan came out and spent the weekend here in Misery...I mean Missouri (yeah, I bet you've never heard that one before all you Missourians lol. I got that all the time when I moved here). It was SO FUN! She spent the morning wowing the Independent Schools of St. Louis with her amazing teaching skills, intelligence, and fantastic personality. While she began taking over the midwest, one private school at a time, I spent the morning...at the mall :( You should all be very proud of me. I officially spent an hour and a half walking around the mall, and I even bought some jeans!! For someone who HATES shopping and hates buying jeans even more, that was a big deal!
After I picked her up, we went and saw the arch, and ate lunch at Fitz's Bar and Grill. Three words: Sweet-Potato-Fries. They were to die for. Not only was the dinner so so good, but since it was Meagan's birthday, they brought us the world's largest Root Beer Float! (Ok maybe not the world's LARGEST, but the largest I've ever had...)

It has four different kinds of ice cream, hot fudge, and a ton of root beer. We basically ate the top and couldn't even finish it; especially after the huge lunch!

Okay, I warned you-it wasn't that witty, and I have no good way to end it. So, I guess I'll just go. Lets hope next time I am feeling more creative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment