Thursday, December 8, 2011

Be So Happy That When You Are With Others, They Become Happy Too

Picture this:

2 second grade boys, playing CONNECT FOUR. The stakes are high (ok, not that high...), the emotions are intense (well, I don't think they cared that much), and the pressure is on (well, I guess we were racing the clock). 

Red. Yellow. Red-"ooh, you think that will stop me?" Yellow-"what are you going to do about THAT." Red. Yellow. Red. Yellow-"take that!" Red. Yellow. 

Then, the moment that caused me to cover my mouth with my hand, stand up, and leave the table so I could quietly laugh while simultaneously recording the event on a post-it note.

Again, my favorite "swearing student," says, with all the African-American Vernacular English (not a racist comment, just a reference to the dialect) attitude that is possible in an 8 year old Caucasian boy - "OH NO YOU DI-INT!" (the hyphen, of course, represents the glottal stop). 


Thank you, favorite student, for keeping my life so very entertaining. What would I do without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment