Sunday, November 14, 2010

Salus populi suprema lex esto (The welfare of the people shall be the supreme law)

On Saturday I went to the Arc of the Ozarks to do a few hours of service learning for my special pops class. At the Arc they do programs and recreational activities for kids and adults with special needs. Every time I have gone (all two times) it has been such a rewarding experience. Yesterday we took the adults (ages 15 to about 40) bowling. I realized while i was bowling that I haven't been bowling since Logan! It made me miss Logan SO BAD! You'd think after 2 years I'd be more over that...
Even though I miss Logan, there are other really awesome and some not-quite-so-awesome things that have happened here in the 417!
  1. I think that I have mentioned this before...but on Friday it actually happened. We were sitting in my living room, around midnight, and the door opened (No...that's not the exciting part, plenty of doors opened in Logan too...). In walked this tall, blonde girl-so I assumed it was my roommate. When she got in I realized it wasn't her, so I assumed it was her friend and I waited for Codi to come in behind her...she didn't follow her in. So the door closes and this girl turns, stumblingly around in a circle. I just said..."Hi??" Then Ross said, "I think you have the wrong house..." So she looked at all of us, then turns and walks our. It was so SO weird! I have never had a drunk person just walk in my apt before! I'm pretty sure that never happened Logan. I mean, it was not uncommon for someone to just walk in the door, but that was generally because it was open, and USUALLY they knew at least one person who lived in the house...
  2. Crazy Hair Styles! Well, so Rolla Missouri IS the home of the "Free Mullet Removal." There are some pretty wild hairstyles here. I decided to join them by doing something completely nuts...I parted my hair on the other side. Yes folks, its true. I tried for one day (ok I won't lie it was three days...) with my hair parted on the right instead of the left. I know, right? Bizarre! Alright, well it wasn't that crazy, no one actually noticed...but I think I got a head ache from constantly flipping my hair to keep my bangs over there.
  3. Wedding Reception. You may disagree with me. It is NOT that I didn't have friends get married while I was in Logan, I did. 8 roommates to be exact. But I don't think that I ever attended a reception held in Logan UT. In this ward, there are going to be at least six before the end of February. I went to the first of the string of them last week - Congratulations Carissa and Steve!! (Ooh, side note. At the wedding, I got kinda-proposed to with the idea of a wedding cake. And no, I will not have a camo cake with deer heads on top).
Dang my life is exciting. Love it!

1 comment: